- SCACVIM Lunch Lecture on Friday, September 23, 2016 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM in Ray & Jan Sis Lecture Theatre I
- EWS Student Summer Experiences on Friday, September 23, 2016 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM in Ray & Jan Sis Lecture Theatre II
- Hills Pet Food Distribution on Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- SVECCS Bake Sale on Monday, September 26, 2016 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM at the Lower True Bus Stop
- IVMC Presentation on Ergonomics & Injury on Monday, September 26, 2016 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM in K B Taylor East (Red)
- SVECCS Bake Sale on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM at the Lower True Bus Stop
- VSHS 2nd General Meeting on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM in Ray & Jan Sis Lecture Theatre II
- SCVMA NAVLE Review on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM in Ray & Jan Sis Lecture Theatre II
- LAS 2nd General Meeting on Thursday, September 28, 2016 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM in K B Taylor East (Red)
- Research Experience Opportunity for DVM Students - deadline Monday, October 10, 2016
- Secondary Schools One Health Competition - deadline Friday, October 21, 2016
- Chi Institute Scholarships - deadline Monday, December 5, 2016
- Pre-conference: Animals Behaving Badly on Monday, September 26, 2016
- Call for Nominations: AAVMC Awards and Lowrie Scholarship
- Hill's Pet Food Distribution Schedule - Fall 2016
- Call for Equine Research Projects on Exercise-Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage (EIPH)
- AAVMC Faculty Fellows - Call for Nominations
Veterinarian, Dr. Tomas Guerrero, Professor of Small Animal Surgery at SGUSVM who has been a member of the AOVET Foundation for the past sixteen years, will be attending the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) Congress later this month. In 2015, Dr. Guerrero received the honor of being elected as a member of the Board of the AOVET Latin American Chapter which encompasses the Caribbean region, and was also selected as Chair of the Education Committee for that Chapter. This was not only an honor for Dr. Guerrero but also for the SGUSVM.
The WSAVA World Congress is a veterinary congress, which is held annually with a scientific program that is produced in alternating regions that are reflective of the local culture and veterinary diversity. This year’s Congress which will be WSAVA’s 41st Congress, will be held in Colombia from September 27-30, 2016.
The WSAVA is described as “an association of associations” with its membership comprising of veterinary organizations that are concerned with companion animals, across the world. At this time, the WSAVA has 96 member and affiliate associations that represent more than 158,000 individual veterinarians from around the world.